A new sleep wellness retail store, Somnia, opens November 1 in Lone Tree, Colo, to help people having sleep issues—including insomnia, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), and snoring. The founding partners of Somnia, Peter Fatianow, Mats Wahlstrom, and Kerry Hicks, all of KMG Capital Partners, LLC, say their shared vision is to help the estimated 42 million Americans suffering from chronic sleep disorders overcome their challenges and significantly improve their overall mental and physical health.
Somnia’s Park Meadows Mall location is the company’s flagship store and offers a comprehensive suite of sleep enhancement services and products inside a convenient retail setting.
“We spent a significant amount of time studying the sleep market and learning how few people seek medical help for their sleep problems,” says Fatianow, president and CEO of Somnia, in a release. “It’s inexcusable that 75% of the millions of people affected by OSA remain undiagnosed. No other chronic condition has those statistics.”
He adds, “We know people can infinitely improve their lives and health with a good night’s sleep. Our goal is to offer people the rare opportunity to address their sleep issues in a convenient retail location and during hours that work for their busy lives so they can journey toward a good night’s sleep and great next day.”
Somnia’s carefully curated suite of sleep solutions includes:
- Scientifically proven products including all-natural sleep, stress, and pain supplements, specialized mattresses, snoring relief, and sleep wellness products.
- Pediatric sleep coaching for parents of children 4 months to 6 years.
- Free sleep assessments and educational information.
- Rental of in-home sleep testing devices for OSA, which includes review and interpretation by a board-certified sleep physician, a personalized report, and a consultation with a sleep care coordinator.
- Treatment for OSA, including CPAP machines, masks, and supplies and oral appliance therapy.
Somnia is offering introductory pricing of $99 (regularly $299) for at-home sleep testing.
Earlier this week, health insurer Highmark Inc also announced a retail store pertaining to sleep. Its REMWorks Sleep Store retails CPAPs and many other sleep-improvement products.