Respiralogics introduces its 30500 Series Baby Head Band and Circuit Bumpers. They are intended to secure the nasal interface during oxygen therapy, nCPAP, or NIV therapy.
The Baby Head Band is made of breathable, non-latex foam that absorbs and wicks away moisture. The soft material of the head band allows it to conform to small heads while maintaining the circuit position. The soft outer covering of the head band allows for head movement while holding the nasal prongs and circuit stable.
The new reversible Circuit Bumpers secure the position of the inspiratory and expiratory limbs to the soft outer side of head band while providing optimal positioning for infants.
The Head Band and Circuit Bumpers work in conjunction with neonatal/pediatric ventilator circuits and oxygen therapy tubing.
According to the company, the benefits of the product include:
- Fashioned to provide a comfortable fit for all infants
- Sized by head circumference for easy and quick application
- Reversible Velcro Bumpers allow for secure attachment and minimize pressure points
- Allows caregivers to freely move infant without interrupting therapy
- Opened at the crown for fontanel checks and to accommodate scalp vein IVs
- Available in 4 sizes for very low birth weight up to 10 kg infants
- Single patient use
- Non-latex material
- Designed for use in NICU, PICU, surgery, and clinics for stable positioning of nasal interface.