Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is engineering its hotel rooms around an elusive concept in travel: a really great night’s sleep. The brand is teaming up with wellness innovator Delos and famous designer Jeffrey Beers to outfit rooms that inspire rest, comfort and relaxation.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts will offer a wellness experience leveraging the following features:
- Air purification: circulates filtered air in the guest room to reduce pollen, odors, allergens, toxins, and other pollutants from the air.
- Aromatherapy: optional mood-enhancing scent to improve ambience and mood while promoting relaxation.
- Circadian lighting: personalized room light environment that emulates the color of natural outdoor light to enhance sleep quality, energy levels, and productivity. The settings include circadian, energize, relax, and play.
- Dawn Simulator: alarm clock that simulates a sunrise, allowing for a more natural waking process through the use of gradual increasing light.
- Stay Well Mattress: natural memory foam mattress derived from organic cotton, pure hevea milk, and essential oils.
- Guided Meditation by Deepak Chopra: Deepak Chopra, an integrative medicine and wellness pioneer, provides a welcome message, lending wisdom and insight to the features of the Stay Well experience.
The move comes coupled with a complete redesign for the brand’s interior by renowned interior architecture and design firm Jeffrey Beers International (JBI). By leveraging soothing blues and muted grays, balancing clean lines and soft curves, and centralizing the room around the bed, the room is designed to promote comfort.
“At JBI we always think first about the guest experience: how people feel when they enter a space,” says architect Jeffrey Beers, founder and CEO of Jeffrey Beers International (JBI), in a release. “We’ve designed with this in mind—how the room balances between clean, modern lines, and soft curves. This balance creates a feeling of tranquility and invites you to breathe a sigh of relief when you close the door behind you.”
The design is balanced around a gentle harmony of calming elements and chic innovation, combining Beers’ architectural background with elegant artistry. Modern elements include magnetic charging stations by the bed and noise-reducing fabric panels, while design contributions like serene abstract wall art and carpet weaving both color and texture like ocean waves create an atmosphere of overall calm. They layout of the room itself, with the bed as its central focus, supplements its most important function: a space for sleep.