In May 2020, Sleep Standards surveyed 1,020 Americans on how working from home during COVID-19 affects their sleep patterns. The results reveal interesting data from factors that impact American sleep patterns to activities they prefer during the COVID-19 quarantine.
- 50.2% of Americans stated that their sleep patterns are negatively affected
- The generation witnessing the most impact on sleep pattern is Millennial (60%), followed by Gen X (22%). This is compared to just 11% of Gen Z and 6% of Baby Boomer
- 33% of participants are lucky enough to have a home office to work from, while the same percentage has to work in their bedroom
- 42% of Americans choose to work in the living room, while 10% work in the kitchen
- Only Millennials have the idea of working in the bathroom, which makes up just 1%